Injuries to Children
Children are our most important resource because they are our future. As parents we invest every ounce of our emotional being into raising our children. There is no event that can have a more negative impact than one that severely injures a child.
Has your child been injured due to negligent or intentional conduct of another person? Everyday young children in Oregon and Washington are injured or killed because of the actions and choices of adults or corporations. Whether the trauma is caused by a dangerous child product, a careless physician, or an automobile accident, anyone who injures a child because of carelessness or decisions that put profits over safety should be held accountable for their actions.
Injuries to children can have both a physical and psychological component. Serious injuries to children can present life altering challenges to not just the injured child, but the entire family. If a child suffers a traumatic brain injury or is paralyzed, not only will the family have to pay an exorbitant amount of medical bills, but may also have to make changes in the child's education and make alterations to the house in order to accommodate the disabled child. Listed below are some of the types of children's injury cases that our office can help bring some accountability to those that are responsible.
- Children's brain injury
- Children's spinal injury
- Child scarring and disfigurement
- Automobile accident injury
- Premise liability
- Wrongful death cases
- Child molestation & sex abuse
- Defective product cases
- Birth trauma injuries
- Dog bites
Here are some relevant links that we believe are good resources for children and families.
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Brain Injury Alliance of Oregon
- Brain Trauma Foundation Concussion Check List
- Brain Injury Association of America Pediatric Page
Call Attorney Matthew Kaplan at (503) 226-3844 or contact him online today.
- Washington Bicycle Accident Leads to Assault Charges An item posted late last night on The Oregonian’s website offers details of a serious Washington bicycle accident involving a teenage rider in ....
- Washington Child Death Spurs New Safety Proposals The tragic death of an infant last year at a Seattle day care center is spurring calls to action in the state legislature. According to an Associated ....
- The surprising problem with a new concussion prevention technology A story published last week in the Los Angeles Times spotlights both the help technology can offer in the fight against traumatic brain injuries, and ....