Wrongful Death Claims
When a family member dies in an unexpected manner that was caused by another person or a corporation's carelessness, the family of the deceased has a wrongful death claim. It is difficult enough to deal with the loss of a loved one without having to deal with insurance companies calling to get your signature for a quick settlement. Your family deserves the personal attention and experience of an Oregon wrongful death attorney. Matthew D. Kaplan is an Oregon attorney that possesses the compassion, energy, and dedication that is needed to help you achieve just and fair compensation for your loss. Matthew D. Kaplan does not charge any attorney fees unless he wins your case. His fees are based on a percentage of what he recovers for you.
The most common causes of wrongful death claims are car and truck accidents, motorcycle crashes, drunk drivers (dram shop), medical malpractice, aviation accidents, defective products, construction defects, and intentional assaults.
Family members of someone who has suddenly passed away have more than just the emotional trauma to deal with, they have funeral and burial expenses as well as bills from hospitals and medical treatment providers. The family members of the deceased are entitled to the following compensation:
- Pain and suffering for the survivors;
- Loss of companionship;
- Loss of future earnings anticipated over the lifetime of the victim;
- Benefits lost due to the victim's death (life insurance, 401k);
- Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses;
- Reimbursement for medical expenses incurred;
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses incurred.
In Oregon the amount of damages that a wrongful death lawyer can obtain for your family depends on many factors. These factors include the age and health of the victim and heirs; the life expectancy of the deceased and heirs; the amount of financial loss suffered by both the deceased and heirs; the available insurance coverage; the assets of the negligent party; how financial circumstances of the surviving heirs prior to the victim's death; number of surviving family members including parents, spouse, children and siblings.
If your loved one has been the victim of a wrongful death, please contact Oregon Wrongful Death Attorney, Matthew D. Kaplan.
If you have already scheduled your free appontment, please fill out our Wrongful Death Interview Form. This will save you time when you come for your appointment.
- Portland Wrongful Death Issues Emerge in Niteclub Shooting Even as police investigate the death last week of a 33-year-old man outside a Northeast Portland strip club the circumstances surrounding the incident ....
- Potentially Unsafe Conditions At Meat Plant Cause Fatal Oregon Industrial Accident Late Friday night a Southeast Portland man working as a cleaner at a meat processing plant in Clackamas died after falling into a piece of machinery, ....
- Fertilizer Plant Explosion Leaves Behind Many Unanswered Questions Last week’s huge explosion at a fertilizer plant in the small town of West, Texas killed 14 people and devastated a huge area. As a lengthy ....