Wrongful Death Claims
When a family member dies in an unexpected manner that was caused by another person or a corporation's carelessness, the family of the deceased has a wrongful death claim. It is difficult enough to deal with the loss of a loved one without having to deal with insurance companies calling to get your signature for a quick settlement. Your family deserves the personal attention and experience of an Oregon wrongful death attorney. Matthew D. Kaplan is an Oregon attorney that possesses the compassion, energy, and dedication that is needed to help you achieve just and fair compensation for your loss. Matthew D. Kaplan does not charge any attorney fees unless he wins your case. His fees are based on a percentage of what he recovers for you.
The most common causes of wrongful death claims are car and truck accidents, motorcycle crashes, drunk drivers (dram shop), medical malpractice, aviation accidents, defective products, construction defects, and intentional assaults.
Family members of someone who has suddenly passed away have more than just the emotional trauma to deal with, they have funeral and burial expenses as well as bills from hospitals and medical treatment providers. The family members of the deceased are entitled to the following compensation:
- Pain and suffering for the survivors;
- Loss of companionship;
- Loss of future earnings anticipated over the lifetime of the victim;
- Benefits lost due to the victim's death (life insurance, 401k);
- Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses;
- Reimbursement for medical expenses incurred;
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses incurred.
In Oregon the amount of damages that a wrongful death lawyer can obtain for your family depends on many factors. These factors include the age and health of the victim and heirs; the life expectancy of the deceased and heirs; the amount of financial loss suffered by both the deceased and heirs; the available insurance coverage; the assets of the negligent party; how financial circumstances of the surviving heirs prior to the victim's death; number of surviving family members including parents, spouse, children and siblings.
If your loved one has been the victim of a wrongful death, please contact Oregon Wrongful Death Attorney, Matthew D. Kaplan.
If you have already scheduled your free appontment, please fill out our Wrongful Death Interview Form. This will save you time when you come for your appointment.
- GM Recalls Raise Deeper Issues of Corporate Responsibility and Regulatory Oversight A disturbing article published this week in the New York Times outlines a series of failures by both corporate America and the federal government. Its ....
- Washington moves to close Longview care center Following up a story I wrote about earlier this month, the Associated Press reports that Washington State officials “are revoking the operating ....
- Washington Wrongful Death Claims Follow Longview Tragedy The death of an 88-year-old Longview woman last week has raised Washington wrongful death questions and serves as a tragic reminder of the high level ....